Course Type: Pre-recorded course
If you have to write essays in English as your university assignment, respond to emails of friends or colleagues from other countries or you are thinking of starting your own blog, it is essential to learn how to write beautiful English texts.
The course How to Improve Your Writing Skills will help you hone your creative writing skills even more. You will learn the difference between main types of written works, as well as enrich your vocabulary with useful words and phrases that will make your writing look better. At the end of the course, you will have a chance to create your own piece of writing on one of the given topics and receive the feedback from our in-house tutors.
What will you learn?
- what formal correspondence etiquette is and how it is different from informal writing;
- what types of essays exist in the English language;
- what features are typical of English articles;
- how critics write their reviews;
- how to make your text coherent and logical;
- how to express your opinion.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- write good letters to your English speaking friends;
- structure your formal letters correctly;
- create impressive essays and articles;
- write interesting reviews;
- express your ideas in a logical and coherent manner;
- write well in English;
- express your opinion politely.
The target audience:
- students who are going to take international exams in English;
- students who plan to pursue higher education in English-speaking countries;
- everyone who has at least a Pre-Intermediate level of English and wants to improve their writing skills.
The course includes:
- 8 videolectures with 2,5 hours of content;
- 300 writing practice activities;
- sample letters, essays and reviews;
- lists of useful vocabulary to each lesson;
- one written assignment that will be checked by EDUGET tutors.
This course does not presuppose issuing any type of Certificate.
You may leave a feedback during or after studying a course